Quality, Consequences and the Construction Industrial Complex (part 251).
Our guest this episode is Ben Breen, Global Head of Construction and Managing Director of Asia Pacific, from the Project Management Institute (PMI). Ben talks about property development in Singapore and what is happening with the Project Management Institute.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with friends and give us a review, it helps more than you know.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How PMI is the largest professional organization for project management in the world,
- Signature property developments in Singapore,
- How for every $1 billion of project work $114 million is wasted,
- How 9 out of 10 projects are delivered late,
- McKinney’s estimate that between 400 million to 800 million jobs around the world will be displaced by technology over the next 10 years ( https://insights.globalspec.com/article/7278/between-400-and-800-million-jobs-lost-to-automation-by-2030-mckinsey ) & ( https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/future-of-work/the-future-of-work-in-america-people-and-places-today-and-tomorrow ),
- Thoughts on how to prepare yourself for all this.
And much more…….
For more information on Ben & PMI
Ben Breen is PMI Managing Director of the Association of South Eastern Nations (ASEAN) region where he oversees business development and represents the chapters in the region bringing PMI closer to the needs of its membership and customers. Ben also spearheads the Construction Working Group for greater reach and focus.
Originally from Australia, Ben moved to Singapore in 1994 and has since supported or led hundreds of projects including iconic developments such as Marina Bay Sands and the award-winning Suntec Convention Centre. He has founded several project management and design companies, helping them to grow and develop into best-in-class providers.
Before joining PMI, Ben served as Managing Director, South East Asia at Space Matrix Design Consultants Pte Ltd, Singapore, where he was responsible for servicing Space Matrix’s clients who were looking to expand their global footprint across Asia. He has also led the company’s digital transformation – moving it to the forefront of digital technology for interior design and build firms.
Ben has a Bachelor of Engineering degree in building engineering from Victoria University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, and is based in PMI’s office in Singapore.
Edifice Complex Podcast
#Cx #nomad #Cxnomad #RICS #property #ACG #edificecomplexpodcast
#ProjectManagement #makingbuildingswork #PMI #greenbuilding