Quality, Consequences and the Construction Industrial Complex (part 175).
Our guest this episode is John Williams, MEP and sustainability design manager for the Mexico City airport project.
If you enjoy this episode, share it with friends and give us a review on iTunes.
In this episode, we discuss;
- His journey from Manchester UK to the USA to Mexico. Who says engineering careers are boring!
- The unique challenges designing a new airport located 1 mile above sea level with high outside air pollution levels.
- Trans-disciplinary design.
And much more……
For more information on John and his work;
Web site: http://www.aeropuerto.gob.mx/
John Williams is a motivated and creative problem solver with over fifteen years of experience in engineering, design coordination plus project and design management for high performance buildings. John is currently leading the MEP & LEED design for the new airport in Mexico City.
Previously John was managing the MEP design team for the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. John was also the mechanical Engineer of Record and lead SMEP design integrator for the innovative Apple Park in Cupertino. He has a passion for the built environment and enjoys using his experience and skills in design leadership, project management and building systems engineering.
John is a member of ASHRAE SSPC 55 (Thermal Comfort) | ASHRAE TC 6.5 (Radiant Systems) and a Professional & Chartered Engineer.
Experience & Awards
• 2015 PME Magazine – Mechanical Engineer of the Year.
• 2014 Consulting-Specifying Engineer 40 under 40 Award
• 2013-2014 Academy of Art University, San Francisco – Lecturer in MEP Design
• 2013 Corresponding Author for Paper presentation at 11th REHVA World Congress Clima In-Situ Performance of Chilled Ceilings in Stratified Environments
• Nuevo Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico.
• Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA, USA.
• Puerta Pedregal, DF, México.
• Apple Park, Cupertino CA, USA.
• Apple Retail Stores, China, Canada and USA.
• Newport Beach Civic Center, CA, USA.
• Shard London Bridge Tower, London UK.
• Northern Arizona University – Applied Research and Development Building, Flagstaff, AZ.
Edifice Complex Podcast